Summary: We have been funded by the European Union for four multinational EU Framework Projects and have received many other academic research and consultancy contracts. We have also completed research for several groups within the United Nations as well as the European Commission Directorate-General of Research, the BBC World Service Trust, Nesta (UK), the UK National Archive, the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), the Milan Chamber of Commerce, the publisher Emerald, and have been part of successful funding bids to European, UK, Dutch, Canadian and German government funding agencies.
- Current externally funded academic projects.
- Current externally funded consultancy projects.
- Completed externally funded academic projects:
Food for thought and thought for food: the local-global entanglement of the slow food movement: NWO Complexity Programme grant (The Netherlands, 2011-2014). Led by Stefan Dormans, Bas Hendrikx, and Arnoud Lagendijk of the Nijmegen School of Management.
- Academic Careers Understood through Measurement and Norms (ACUMEN - 2011-2014) Large FP7 EU funded project: Investigating sources of evidence for the impact of researchers' careers - a CV addition.
- Cascades, Islands or Streams? Time, Topic, and Scholarly Activities in Humanities and Social Science Research (2012-13). Digging Into Data project with Indiana University Bloomington and L'Université du Québec à Montréal, internationally funded with the UK component from JISC.
- CyberEmotions 2010-2013 This large FP7 EU project on sentiment analysis in social media involved nine European organisations and with a multi-million Euro budget.
- Using bibliometric data in the effective allocation of research funding (RES-000-22-4415) ESRC-funded project - PI Dr Jonathan Levitt (from the University of Loughborough).
- Web Indicators for the Research Evaluation Framework - Leverhulme research fellow (2011) - Kayvan Kousha.
- ‘Carbon compounds’: Lexical creativity in the context of climate change - consultants to the Institute for Science and Society of Nottingham University in this ESRC-funded project.
- CREEN - EU FP6 project developed the physics of complexity science, and developed web tools to track, model and predict science debates on the web (2005-8).
- EU FP5 funded project WISER - an initiative to develop web indicators for science, technology and innovation research (2003-5).
- Medici Fellow, a one year funded postdoctoral position (2004-5).
- Supportive roles in a Netherlands government funded research project on Integrated Water Resource Management, and co-applicants on a successful small British Council grant for Anglo-Dutch collaboration (2004-7).
- Completed external consultancy projects: