Web Impact Audit
This Web Impact Audit report presents a comparison of the web mentions of Allmand's Henry V and a set of similar medieval history books. A comparison of mentions of books is designed to reveal books that are the most well-known on the web (i.e., high "web impact").
- Data from search engine: Yahoo! via its Applications Programming Interface
- The searches all include the full book name and the author's last name
- The books to compare with Allmand's Henry V are taken from an Amazon list of good medieval history books (note: this is not a very good source!).
- Data gathered on: July 6, 2007.
Allmand's Henry V has over twice the web impact of a range of other similar medieval history books.
The Statistical Cybermetrics Research Group at the University of Wolverhampton, a world-leading centre for research into the calculation and interpretation of cybermetric indicators, certifies that:
- Results reported in this paper were obtained by using state of the art webometric techniques and have been analysed in a way that has been chosen for reliability and not to advantage any particular site.
- No books considered for the analyses have been left out or deliberately ignored to present more favourable results.
- The site column in the overview table, subject to the disclaimers below, are certified as a reasonable and not deliberately biased assessment of the relative impact of the collection of books reported.
Figure showing the main findings: a comparison of the number of sites mentioning Allmand's Henry V with a range of other books.
Overview of results
- The figures reported should only be used for comparisons and do not represent complete results because it is impossible to obtain complete results.
- Although no books have been deliberately left out of the analysis, the set of books may not necessarily be a complete set in any sense.
- Although reasonable attempts have been made to eliminate spam from the results, it is possible that spam may influence the figures.
- Results from base query: "The Reign of King Henry VI" Griffiths
- Results from base query: "The End of the House of Lancaster" Storey
- Results from base query: "Handbook of Medieval Sexuality" Bullough
- Results from base query: "Medieval Women: A Social History of Women in England 450-1500" Leyser
- Results from base query: "The Lady in Medieval England 1000-1500" Coss
- Results from base query: "The Hundred Years War: England and France at War C.1300-c.1450" Allmand
- Results from base query: "Henry V" Allmand
- Results from base query: "The Political Development of the British Isles, 1100-1400" Frame
- Results from base query: "Domination and Conquest: The Experience of Ireland, Scotland and Wales, 1100-1300" Davies
- Results from base query: "The Revolt of Owain Glyn Dwr" Davies